Has the summer heat gotten to anyone else?
It has been a toasty start to summer here and it has me craving all the cold, crisp, fresh produce I can get my hands on. I have been living off of bowls of fresh fruit, salads filled with whatever fruit and vegetable I have left in my fridge, and nice cream!
When the Recipe Redux challenged us to come up with a mini dessert for this month's post, I couldn't stand the thought of turning on my oven. Since I have been on a huge banana kick lately, I thought I'd play around with a fun mini frozen banana dessert.
These little Chocolate Almond Banana Bites perfectly satisfy the post-dinner sweet tooth I tend to get. I can pop one or two of these in my mouth and I'm good to go. The good news is, they aren't loaded with tons of extra sugar so I can feel good about eating them.
These would be fun to pull out at a summer party but they don't last long outside of the freezer before they begin to melt.
Be sure to check out the other amazing mini dessert recipes by clicking on the link at the end of the post! Stay healthy friends!
Chocolate Almond Banana Bites
Makes 8-10 pieces
1 large not overly ripe banana
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons almond butter
1 teaspoon unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Slice banana into 1/4 inch slices and line up on a work surface that can be transported to the freezer (like a cutting board).
2. Microwave chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
3. Spread a small amount of chocolate on half of the banana slices. Spread a small amount of almond butter on the other half.
4. Sandwich the slices together and place in freezer for at least an hour, preferable overnight, until frozen.
4. Remelt remaining chocolate chips and drizzle over banana slices. Sprinkle with coconut. Store in freezer.