I am always looking for a new way to eat seasonal produce. While I love boiled corn, steamed zucchini, zoodles, and corn salsa, sometimes I just want to mix it up a little bit.
I have no idea where I got the inspiration from the recipe, but I'm happy I found it. I made this one night when the husband was at a team dinner knowing that if it didn't turn out, I could opt for a bowl of oatmeal.
I loved it but I thought other people might find it kinda weird. I brought some in to some friends at work since I knew they would give me honest feedback. They loved it, too. If you're not a mint fan, you could totally leave it out and it would still be a delicious salad. I mean, it's roasted corn and zucchini tossed with lemon juice and melted parmesan. If you're unsure about the mint, give it a try. The world won't end if you take a bite and don't like it. Promise.
Roasted Corn and Zucchini Mint Salad
Makes 4 servings
4 ears of corn, hulled
3 zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
4 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh mint
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Rub the ears of corn with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Place corn on one baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Melt the second tablespoon of coconut oil. Toss the zucchini chunks with the coconut oil on the second baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast corn and zucchini for 35 minutes.
3. Take corn out of the oven while the zucchini continues to roast for 10 additional minutes. While the zucchini continues to roast, cut the corn kernels from the cob.
4. When the zucchini is done, combine corn kernels and roasted zucchini onto one baking sheet. Toss with parmesan cheese. Place back in the oven for 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
5. Once the cheese is melted, transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Toss with lemon juice and mint.